Documentary Legal Forms and Contracts [Starter Pack]
A starter pack of essential legal forms and contracts specifically designed for documentary filmmakers. Packet includes the most commonly needed releases and contracts during the making of a documentary.
Poster-Style Release For Shooting In Public Spaces
Crew Deal Memo
Bonus Form: Depiction Release (Life Rights Option)
Created exclusively for Desktop Documentaries by Entertainment Attorney Gordon Firemark.
Get the whole packet here at a specially negotiated reduced rate.
Have the confidence that these forms are created and vetted by an entertainment attorney specifically for documentary filmmakers.
**Make sure your documentary has all the proper legal paperwork. Click the "Buy Now" button below for immediate access.
How To Use The Forms
- Talent Release Form - ie Personal Release Form, use this for your interviews.
- Materials Release Form - Use this form whenever you are including photographs, paintings, sculpture, other artwork, documents or artifacts in your film.
- Location Release Form - Use this for permission to shoot on private property.
- Group Release -Use when depicting larger groups, such as a club, athletic team, choir, etc.
- Extra/Background Release - For persons who appear in the background of a shot or scene, but who are not the focal point or subject of the footage in question.
- Poster Release - This is a poster-size release you should use when filming in public spaces where numerous people may be entering and exiting the frame. Examples: Public Parks, Government Buildings and surrounding areas, Shopping Centers, Malls, Sports arenas, and the like. (Note that location releases may be required for some of these kinds of places)
- Crew Deal Memo - Use this release for all crew members working on the film. This includes volunteers, Production Assistants, etc., whether in the office, or on-set, who work during any phase of production, from development through post-production.
**All forms come in Word for easy editing.
Got questions? email@example.com