About the Filmmaker
Academy Award®-Nominated Writer-Director Daniel Raim attended the American Film Institute in Los Angeles, where he studied under one of Alfred Hitchcock’s most esteemed collaborators, Production Designer Robert F. Boyle.
Daniel has created a trilogy of critically acclaimed documentaries about unsung heroes of Hollywood’s Golden Age, including, THE MAN ON LINCOLN’S NOSE (2000, Oscar®-Nominated); SOMETHING’S GONNA LIVE (2010, Los Angeles Times Critics’ Pick) and HAROLD AND LILLIAN: A HOLLYWOOD LOVE STORY (2015, Official Selection Cannes Film Festival). Daniel is currently creating a series of documentary films The Criterion Collection and FilmStruck. HAROLD AND LILLIAN is now in theaters and had its television premiere on Turner Classic Movies (TCM) September 2017.
Documentary Consulting Package
Are you in need of some one-on-one help with your documentary?
Are you stuck or struggling with some aspect of the filmmaking process?
This is your chance to speak one-on-one with a seasoned Oscar-Nominated filmmaker about YOUR project.
Ask anything you like!
Topics for the call can include:
- Documentary Idea Development
- Rough Cut / Fine Cut Review
- How to break into the filmmaking biz
- Ideas for how to structure your documentary
- Personal instruction through Daniel's Documentary Storytelling & Scriptwriting Course*
- Feedback on your trailer or pitch
- Distribution Ideas
**Students enrolled in Daniel's Documentary Scriptwriting and Storytelling Class get a 25% discount on consulting.
How It Works
Once you pay for your consulting, you'll have access to Daniel's personal email and you'll be able to immediately book your consulting call.
You'll also be asked to fill out a brief survey explaining your project so that Daniel can properly plan for your call.
(ABOVE) Daniel Raim at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival world premiere of HAROLD AND LILLIAN
People Who Have Worked With Daniel:
"Coming out of the craze of shooting and having tons of disorganized footage, I was overwhelmed. Bringing it to Dan was like coming out of a storm into a safe harbor. He got us organized and focused and soon we were off and editing. I already knew Dan was very intelligent about film. But until we started working together I had no idea exactly how high is cinematic IQ was. Working with him was like taking a master film class."
~Tim Bartell/Doggie Dream Productions (Hollywood)
1) Choose one of the consulting options below and click the red buy button to pre-pay for your consulting.
2) You'll immediately receive access to Daniel's personal email and you can book your call whenever you're ready.
3) Prior to the call, fill out a brief survey about your project providing whatever information Daniel needs for the consult.
4) Hop on the call at the appointed time and get all your questions answered!
Documentary Storytelling & Scriptwriting Class by Daniel Raim