Too many documentary proposals are unprofessional, lack the correct information and turn off wealthy donors and potential funders right at the start.
We've searched and there's nothing else like this Documentary Proposal Template Pack.
If you want an effective money-winning proposal you're in the right place.
The Documentary Proposal Template Pack is a comprehensive, step-by-step fundraising tool that helps you pitch your documentary project to potential major funding partners including corporations, private investors and foundations.
Created by award-winning documentary team Hank Rogerson and Jilann Spitzmiller, they've raised more than $1-million for their documentary projects. In addition Jilann serves as a grant funding judge -- analyzing hundreds of filmmaker proposals.
Together, Hank and Jilann are giving you their best strategies, proposal samples, letters and templates all packaged into ONE comprehensive step-by-step system to help you create a money-winning proposal.
Immediately after logging in, you can download the proposal template/samples, worksheets and fundraising letters.
Watch a short welcome video from the instructor who will then take you step-by-step through the Documentary Core Application, the industry-standard application form used by most major documentary funders, including ITVS, Sundance, Tribecca and many more.
You'll learn exactly what to put in each section for maximum impact. Think of Hank as your very own personal grant writing coach.
By the end of this class, you will have a professional, ready-to-submit proposal that can be adapted for any funder or application!
Quick Start/Pre-Formatted Documentary Proposal Template
15-Part Video Series (Step-By-Step Proposal Writing Tutorials)
Documentary Core Application Proposal Sample PDF
4 Fundraising Letters of Interest (LOI) Samples
Worksheets & Assignments
Q&A Access With Instructor Inside Course
Instant/Lifetime Access To All Materials
by Ondrea Barbe
More than... imagined!
"Clear and Easy To Follow"
by Barbara Altemus (Hawaii)
by Matthew Landfield/TimeTravlr Creative
by Yvette Fintland
by Kacey Cox
by Alex Kronstein
- Welcome From Instructor
- About this Course
- The Documentary Core Application Checklist
- VIDEO: Documentary Core Application Check List
- READ FIRST: TEMPLATE INSTRUCTIONS
- Documentary Proposal Sample - "STILL DREAMING" (TEXT ONLY - PDF)
- Documentary Proposal Template (PDF)
- Documentary Proposal Template ("Live" Google Doc)
- Documentary Proposal Template (Word .docx)
- Documentary Proposal Template (iPages)
- INTRO: Craft Your Log Line
- VIDEO: Log lines
- EXAMPLE: Log Line Examples
- WORKSHEET: Log Line
- Your Turn! Write Your Log Line
- INTRO: Story Summary and Synopsis
- VIDEO: Story Summary Part 1
- VIDEO: Story Summary Part 2
- SAMPLE: Story Summary & Synopsis
- WORKSHEET: Story Summary/Synopsis (Part I)
- WORKSHEET: Story Summary/Synopsis (Part II)
- Your Turn! Write Your Story Summary/Synopsis
- INTRO: Topic Summary
- VIDEO: Topic Summary
- SAMPLE: Topic Summary
- WORKSHEET: Topic Summary
- Your Turn! Write Your Topic Summary
- INTRO: Artistic Approach
- VIDEO: Artistic Approach
- SAMPLE: Artistic Approach Sample
- WORKSHEET: Artistic Approach
- Your Turn! Write Your Artistic Approach
- INTRO: Project Stage and Timeline
- VIDEO: Project Stage and Timeline
- SAMPLE: Project Stage and Timeline
- Your Turn! Write Your Project Stage and Timeline
- INTRO: Distribution and Marketing Strategy
- VIDEO: Distribution and Marketing Strategy
- SAMPLE: Distribution and Marketing Strategy
- WORKSHEET: Distribution and Marketing
- Your Turn! Write Your Distribution and Marketing Strategy
- INTRO: Intended Audience
- VIDEO: Intended Audience
- SAMPLE: Intended Audience
- WORKSHEET: Intended Audience
- Your Turn! Write About Your Intended Audience
- INTRO: Audience Engagement & Social Impact
- VIDEO: Audience Engagement and Social Impact
- SAMPLE: Audience Engagement & Social Impact
- WORKSHEET: Audience Engagement
- Your Turn! Write About Your Audience Engagement and Social Impact
- INTRO: Key Creative Personnel
- VIDEO: Key Creative Personnel
- Your Turn! Write About Your Creative Team
- INTRO: Fundraising Strategy, Grant Impact and Budget
- VIDEO: Fundraising Strategy, Grant Impact and Budget
- SAMPLE: Fundraising Strategy
- Your Turn! Write Your Fundraising Strategy and Grant Impact Statements
- INTRO: Work Sample
- VIDEO: Work Sample
- EXAMPLES: Work Sample
- Your Turn! Write Down Your Work Sample
- Module 1 - Writing Letters to Private Funders Who Do Not Use The Doc Core App
- VIDEO: LOI's to Private Donors
- Module 2 - Letters of Interest to Funders that Do Not Use the Doc Core App
- VIDEO: LOI's for Documentary Funders
- Template LOI Private Funder
- Template 1 LOI Foundations
- Template 2 LOI Foundations
- Template 3 LOI Foundations
- Congrats! Here's what's next...
- Helpful Hints (Resource Sheet)
- Watch Still Dreaming (full documentary)
- More resources for you
- Before you go...
The Documentary Proposal Template Pack is available immediately after purchase. Just click the red buy button and you'll be taken to a simple registration page where you'll be asked to create a password and insert your email. After that, you'll make payment and then you'll have access to the entire course.
Got questions? Contact Us
He is the co-founder of DocuMentors and is a former professor of filmmaking at Santa Fe University of Art and Design. Hank’s latest feature documentary STILL DREAMING premiered at DOCNYC and debuted nationally on PBS in 2018.
Hank has worked on a range of documentary projects—from feature docs to interactive non-fiction, from TV episodic doc shows to branded doc content. He has worked with such clients as PBS, BBC, Sundance and Discovery, and his films have twice premiered at Sundance, and been shown the world over.